Thursday, July 5, 2012

Something wonderful happened!

I can't help but to share with you our day yesterday! As I mentioned yesterday we went to the big celebration on base it was a blast!! Ate some extremely unhealthy food, rode a Ferris Wheel together for the first time, people watched for hours, witnessed something that made me cry & saw some of the best fireworks ever!

Our day started with yardwork & then we went to the festival in the afternoon. We ate hot wings, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, funnel cakes & cotton candy horrible I know but we had to be as American as possible yesterday! We sad that while sipping on German beer! We also planned poorly & stood in line for 45 minutes at the ATM! After we were stuffed with junk & rehydrating with water & settled in to watch the fireworks that's when the thing happened! Some of you may not think it is too incredible but it seriously made me cry!

We were sitting in the middle of a soccer field behind the base gym in the kid zone area! There were kids running around barefoot playing throwing their glow necklaces in the air & chasing each other. If I didn't know better I would have thought we were back in the USA! And like they do on base before anything starts they started playing The National Anthem. First they played Germany's then the US's started & that's when it happened! Now these kids were as young as 3 running around, but as soon as the music started they all knew exactly what to do. Within the first 8 counts all of them were back by their parents sides with their hands over their hearts and still! I have never seen anything like it before & it made me so proud to be a military spouse & to be able to witness this incredible thing! I am not bashing civilian kids at all but to see a four year old drop their toy & run to their dads side and put his hand over his heart without anyone having to tell him to do it! That was incredible!


My phone died before I could get picks when the sun went down & the fireworks started. :( but enjoy these I did snap!




Notice the area straight back behind the building in the photo below. That was the kids zone where we watched the fireworks!





Ferris Wheel pics!!


-





Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: