Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back in May!

I'm a slacker! Whatever! So for our anniversary we took a trip to Reims France for the day! We also visited the caves of Moët a Chandon & had some champagne! No Dom Perignon though! We learned a lot & had a great day! Including an authentic lunch in which Christopher never wants to repeat!! I didn't get any pictures of it, but I remember it very vividly! Also, in Reims we visited the Notre Dame cathedral which my pictures do not do it justice at all! It was magnificent & enormous & intricate & beautiful & so many other things as well!! All in all it was a great day!

So I know you are wondering about our lunch that was not so fun for Christopher, so I will share! We wanted to go some place authentic to try French cuisine instead of say the McDonald's down the street! So we found a Brasserie (which means brass table. Bar tables used to be covered in brass as to not harm the wood when drinks were spilled) near the cathedral with tables outside it was kind of exactly what I imagine when I think of France! We could not read the menu, but our server spoke English so she did a little translating of the menu saying these are pork dishes, these are chicken dishes, these are beef dishes & these are pasta dishes. Ok still no idea! Well since I am in love with The French Chef Ms Julia Child I knew that French cuisine mostly consists of strange meats if you will! We decided to try a chicken dish & a pork dish. Now I need to break in with a little preface & explain that my husband is almost like a garbage disposal in that he will eat anything! Seriously anything! Let's just say that in 8.5 years he has always choked down everything even the ribs I burnt in the crockpot that came out like charcoal bricks! On with the story! Our food comes out I take the chicken which was fabulous! It was served over rice with a champagne cream sauce mmm it was so good! The pork dish was given to Christopher and it looked like a bratwurst so we were pretty excited! It was served with a salad & fries. Christopher cut into his "bratwurst" and was instantly a little concerned with the texture. It was flaky like fish & gray-ish in color again a little more concern. It also had a smell that was...interesting to say the least! Then something happened that I had never in my life seen happen before! He took a bite & almost instantly spit it out into his napkin!! After further inspection we identified the smell as...poop! When we got home he got on Google to try to find out what the heck he almost ate!

So dear friends, if you ever go to France & see a dish called Anduoillette be warned for it is pork...intestines & colon!!! No joke my husband ate the butt end of a pig!!!

No comments: