Thursday, May 10, 2012

Luxembourg

A few months ago we took a day trip to Luxembourg with our friends The Starnes'!  Now I had always thought that Luxembourg is a city in France, but I found out that it is in fact its own country!  We went to the capitol Luxembourg City!  I am not very familiar with its government or anything but there was a "palace" in the town center with a guard that just marched back and forth!  They have two native languages German & French!  Most natives speak French and almost every native European we have encountered speaks a little English! Back to Luxembourg!  We spent the day roaming around the Center.  We also went to the American Military Cemetery that is there.  We finished off the day with dinner at a sports bar with some delicious American-French-German food & a movie at one of the biggest & nicest movie theater I have been to!  It was kind of funny to us to be in Luxembourg watching an American movie that was in English but with both French & German subtitles!! 

The Guard at the Palace.  You can see the worn path from them walking back & forth so much!

This city was completely walled way back in the day & this is some remains of the guard tower going over the bridge into the center

 Looking down onto some centuries old Luxembourg.



Parliament Building



On the other side of the guard tower going into the center


On the left is the Palace...all of it!  It was so big I couldn't fit it all in the camera!!



This dog was so pretty & well behaved!


The gates going into the American Military Cemetery



There were a lot of graves of unidentified soldiers there


I couldn't not put this in here!  I almost died seeing Star Wars hype in Luxembourg!!  It was everywhere too but this was the only Yoda I saw so I had to get a picture!!


This was just a statue in the Center I have no idea who or what it is suppose to represent I just liked it!  


I was in complete amazement the whole day! With wide eyes & my camera up & ready we were complete tourists that day in a land that seemed like we were dreaming!  These places only exist in movies type of feel!  It has been so fun exploring all these fun places!! 

No comments: