Monday, December 19, 2011

Reflection

I really wanted to be gone by now, but I am kind of glad that we are still here.  We got to spend a few extra days with our family and our doggies!  I am especially excited because I have had time to make some stockings for my SIL out of Burlap and they turned out great!  Also, I have had time to reflect on this past year and try to prepare myself more for the next one!  I am in the process of making my list for next year of some of the things that I wish to accomplish! (I will post at the beginning of the year and you can all help me track my progress!)

If I had one word to describe our 2011 it would have to be INSANE!  With all of the people the two of us know there were eleven funerals, one divorce, two major moves, one job quit, two weeks with Cameron, lots of airplane rides, an engagement, four babies, a few fights, all of our stuff being packed and shipped to Germany, trying to sell our house then ending up renting our house, selling a car & a motorcycle, living in limbo for about a month, waiting 8 months to get orders and I could go on & on!  It has been a very stressful year with more loss than I hope we ever have again in one year.

I said at the beginning of 2011 that this year was going to be a year of production and progress.  I feel that this has happened though not at all how I had hoped!  I feel that through all of the loss and huge life changes I have progressed and Christopher and I have progressed together.  I have been blessed by a super supportive husband and so I have had since March to not have a job and focus on myself.  In these last few months I feel like such a different person.  I went through therapy which i highly recommend to everyone!  Through that my therapist helped to guide me to see what areas I really needed to work on and how to get through them!  I feel like a grown up!  I am embracing responsibility instead of running away from it.  I see the value in things and the life lessons more and I am learning about what I want out of life.  It is such a wonderful feeling!

Well, I have rambled enough for one post!  I will ramble more later & hopefully have more info on our big move!

Love,

Samantha

No comments: